Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Kattie Taufa

I am Kattie Taufa, the older sister of Jenny Hokanson. I am happily married with 2 kids, one girl and one boy! Makelani was just added to the family 2 months ago. I love to read, scrapbook (when I have time and room), and spend time with my family. My goal is to lose 20-25 pounds (for June, but not my ultimate goal of about 90 lbs), to get back into the workout mode, and watch my portion control. I have a overactive daughter, and a son who has his moments of an all-nighter, and a husband who works different hours each day. This may make it difficult for me to workout, but also give me motivation to make time for myself. I sometimes feel that having that workout time is a good way to calm me down and give me some actual peace and quiet time. It is hard for me to start working out, but when in the habit find it is fun and enjoyable. I sometimes read while doing cardio, listen to a good book or watch a show that will distract me enough from the pain and boredom of doing cardio. I am lucky enough to have Sekona (my husband) work at a gym and get free membership. I must admit that sometimes I neglect Sekona's good advice and will work on listening better to improve my health. I too am a mood eater. Stress and boredom seem to be my weakness and I still have cravings from being pregnant. I LOVE chocolate, butterscotch, caramel, and mint ice cream, along with most any carbs (potatoes, breads, etc.). I am glad to be a part of this group and look forward to each of us meeting our goals!



1 comment:

  1. Katie, you inspire me after having a baby I always feel drained and it takes me awhile to get on track with things.

    ReplyDelete